Dr. Davit Sahakyan (David B. Saakian in publications)
Dr. Davit Sahakyan (David B. Saakian in publications), Leading researcher, PI of complex system statistical mechanics group of Yerevan Phys. Institute
62 publications in journals, mainly in JETP, Phys.Rev.E,EPL,JSTAt,JSP. Has one article in PNAS.
The main area of expertise- statistical mechanics of complex systems an international expert in this area have been invited to different countries.
Graduated in Moscow, the Phd thesis in Lebedev institute. 1980. Among my scientific supervisors were Russian academicans Yakov Zeldovich,
Boris Zeldovich, Igor Sobelman.
In 90-es following to the original work by N. Sourlas, derived the main results of Shannon information theory,
using statistical mechanics. Used to have a leading position in that interdisciplinary area.
Later moved to the application of statistical mechanics to the solution of molecular evolution models.
During the last 5 years the most of exact results in the latter area are derived by D. Sahakyan and co-authors.
Last year published an article about exact mapping of string theory to Random Energy Model by Derrida, proving 25 years
old hypothesis about connection of strings with spin-glasses.
1971-1973 Student of phys. dep. Yerevan State University
1974-1977 Student of Moscow Engineering Physics Institute
1977-1980 Post graduate student of FIAN (Lebedev Institute)
1980-1987 Junior Researcher of Yerevan Physics Institute
1988-1989 Researcher of Yerevan Physics institute
1990-1995 Senior Researcher of Yerevan Physics Institute
1. Soros team grant MVM000,INTAS grant 93-633, NATO linkage grant 9303057
2. ISTC grant A-102,Andes Foundation grant c-13413/1 ,German ministry of research and technology grant 211-5231,NFSAT TG 17/1, CRDF ARP2--2647--YE—05
Talks, lectures, scientific discussions:
1993 ICTP Trieste, Roma 1 University
1995 Saclay, Ecole Normale Sup., France, ICTP Trieste, Taipei, Academica Sinica
1996 ICTP, Academica Sinica, Rutgers University, ICTP Trieste
1997 Saclay,Leuven Univ., Bonn Univ., Dresden Univ., Ecole Normale (Lyon),A'dam Univ.,
1998 Saclay,Ecole Polyt., Dresden Univ., Eindhoven Univ., ICTP Trieste
1999 Dresden Univ., Leipzig Univ., Eindhoven Univ., Univ. Frontera Chile,Nuclear research center Bariloche (Argentine),PSI Switzerland
2000 Imperial College London, IAS Dublin, Leipzig Univ.,Humbold Univ. Berlin,Dresden Univ.
2001 Oslo university,Oldenburg Un.,Leipzig Un.,Graz Un.
2001 Aachen Comp. Phys. conference, Geilo complex system conf., Rutgers Stat. Mechanics conference, USA.
2002 Taipei statistical physics conference, Santa Fe Institute, Mississippi Univ., ICTP Trieste, Institute of theoretical biology, Wien
2003 Taipei workshop on evolution theory and statistical mechanics
2004 Rutgers 91 stat. Mechanics meeting, Boston-Internataional conference of complex systems, Taipei Stat. Mechanics conference.
2005 Rice university,USA.
2005 Taipei Statistical mechanics conference.
2006 Rice University,USA, Institute of Physics, Taiwan
2007 Institute of Physics, Taiwan, Koln University,Germany, Institute Para Limes, Holland, Marseille University.
2008 Rice university,USA, Academica Simica, Taipei
2008 Rice University, Taiwan.
2009 Sao Carlos University, Taiwan.
2010 Institute of physics, Academia Sinica, Ecole Pol.,Paris
1 Zeldovich B.Y. Saakian D. B. Kvantovaya Elektronika,v. 3,1598,(1976), Degree of spatial coherence of single mode laser radiation.<< back
2. B.Ya.Zeldovich,D.B.Saakian,I.I.Sobelman, JETP Lett. v.25, 94 (1977) Energy level differences for right and left molecules due to weak interaction.
3. D.B. Saakian, Sobelman I.I. Yukov E.A.,JETP Lett. v.29, 232 (1979) Effects of parity nonconservation in many elec tron atoms,
4. Ya.B.Zeldovich, D.B.Saakian, JETP, v.78,2233 (1980),Asymmetry breaking of chiral molecules by means of longitudvally polarized molecules.
5. D.B. Saakian, JETP Lett. v.37, 658 (1983) Nonplanar contours and string tension in lattice gauge theory.
6. D.B.Saakian, Teor. Mat. Fizika,v.73,1115(1987) Derrida model solution for arbitrary spin.
7. S.M.Darbinyan,K.A.Ispiryan,D.B.Saakian ,JETP Lett.v.44,9,(1986) Polarization and srectrum of the particles from collision of the relativistic ions with laser photons.
8. Prokhorenko E.B.,D.B. Saakian, Sov.J.Nucl.Phys. v.46,574,(1987) The actions of fermions on a random lattice.
9. D.B. Saakian,Sov.Nucl.Phys. 50,1090(1989) Numerical study of 2d Ising model with p-adic couplings.
10. D.B.Saakian,JETP Lett. v.52,71(1990), Vacuum choosing entropy under phase transition.
11. D.B.Saakian, JETP, v.100,236(1991), Derrida model solution for asymmetric couplings.
12. D.B.Saakian, Europhys.Lett.,1991,v.16.n.6 Optimal codes for Shannon noisy channel and REM for any spin.
13. D.B.Saakian, Phys.Lett. 263B,466,(1991), Solution of Ising model on random lattices with any genus outside critical point.
14. D.B.Saakian, Modern Phys.Lett.7A,21 (1992), Partition of Lee-Yang like model near critical point. 15. D.B.Saakian,R.M.Shagoyan, Yadernaya Fizika,55,155(1992), On topologic distribution of one matrix integral diagrams for high order hermitean matrix.
16. D.B.Saakian, JETP lett.,v.55, (1992)Solution of weak connectivity Derrida model and coding.
17. D.B.Saakian,JETP Lett. v.56,481(1992), Pattern recognition by means of Derrida Model. 18. D.B.Saakian Teor.Mat.Physics, v.94,123(1993), Solution of quantum model of Derrida.
19. D.B.Saakian,R.M.Shagoyan, JETP,103,1064 (1993) Capacity of NN with 4-color spins.
20. D.B.Saakian, Teor.Mat.Fizika, v.97.1199(1993). Solution of dilute Derrida model
21. D.B.Saakian, Phy. Lett. 180A,169(1993), Exact solution of Derrida model with weak connectivity of Q-color spins and optimal coding.
22. D.B.Saakian, JETP Lett. v.61,650, (1995), Finite size effects in T=0 ferromagnetic phase of fully connected Derrida model and decoding error probability.
23. Sh.Rouhani,D.B.Saakian, Mod. Phys. Lett.9Bn.14, (1995), Fine structure of ferromagnetic phase of Derrida model.
24. A.E.Allakhverdian,D.B.Saakian, Teor. Math. Fizika,v.109,1574(1996), Finite size effects on the boundary of ferromagnetic and spin-glass phases of Derrida model.
25. D.B. Saakian, JETP Letters 64(1996),479, Spherical P-spin glass in the large P limit and information storage by means of continuous spins.
26. D.B. Saakian JETP 110(1996),2175, Phase structure of large P limit of spherical P-spin glass. 27. A.E. Allakhverdyan, D.B.Saakian, JETP 111(1997),n.3, 2 models of Derrida with fixed overlap of their configuration. 28. D.Saakian,Th.M. Nieuwenhuizen,Journal de Physique I France 7(1997)1513, Variational approach to interfaces in random media:negative variances and replica symmetry breaking.
29. A.E.Allakhverdian,D.B.Saakian, Nucl. Phys. b498[FS](1997)604 Finite size effects in weak connectivity Derrida model.
30. A.E. Allahverdyan, D.B. Saakian, Phys. Rev.E 58 (1998) 1148. Strengthened Lindblad inequality:applications in non equilibrium. thermodynamics and quantum information theory.
31. D.B. Saakian, cond-mat/9709238, JETP Lett.,1998,v.67,440 "Diluted Generalized Random Energy Model"
32. A.E. Allahverdyan, D.B. Saakian, Theoretical&Mathematical Physics, 117(1998.),1434 Multiaccess channels in quantum information theory
33. A.E. Allahverdyan, D.B. Saakian,Phys. Rev. E,Rapid Comm.,58(1998)5201,Spin-glass model with asymmetric annealed bonds.
34. Allahverdyan AE, Saakian DB “Accessible information in multi-access quantum channels” Lect. Notes. Comput. Sc. 1509, 276-284 (1999)
35. Saakian DB, Allahverdyan AE “Strengthened Lindblad inequality: Applications in non-equilibrium thermodynamics and quantum information theory” Lect. Notes. Comput. 1509: 296-301 1999
36. A. E. Allahverdyan D. B. Saakian, Europhys. Letters 50(2000),p.718 Broadcast classical information trough quantum channel.
37. A.E. Allahverdyan, Th.M. Nieuwenhuizen, D.B. Saakian, Euro.Phys.J.B16(2000)317-335Model glasses coupled to two different heat baths.
38. D.B.Saakian, PRevE, 61.(2000)6132REM at complex temperatures
39. D.B. Saakian,E.E. Vogel, Theor. Math. Physics 124(2000),1298 Complex temperature zeros of partition function of SG models.
40. D.B. Saakian,E.E. Vogel, PREVE 64 (2001) 32101 Solution of REM at Tsallis statistical mechanics
41. D.B. Saakian,Theor. Math. Fizika v.128, n.2 (2001),1078 Entropy production by simplified dynamics in glassy systems.
42. D.B. Saakian, PREVE v.65,n.6(2002)067104 Hierarchic trees with branching number close to one: noiseless KPZ equation with additional linear term for imitation of 2-d and 3-d phase transitions.
43. E.Bitner,W.Janke,D.B. Saakian,Phys. Rev. E67, 016105 (2003) Approximate calculation of ground state energy for Potts model Spin-glass models.
44. D.B.Saakian,C.K. Hu,Phys.Rev.E 69,021913(2004) Eigen model as quantum spin chain: exact dynamics.
45. D.B.Saakian,C.K.Hu, Phys. Rev. E,v. 69, 046121 (2004) Solvable biological model with a parallel mutation-selection scheme.
46. D.B. Saakian,C.K.Hu, H.Khachatryan,Phys.Rev.E,v.70,041908(2004). Solvable biological evolution models with general fitness functions and multiple mutations in parallel mutation-selection scheme.
47. D.B.Saakian, Phys.Rev.E,v.71,016126(2005) Error threshold in optimal coding, numerical criteria and classes of universalities for complexity.
48. D. B. Saakian,E. Munoz, C.-K. Hu,M. W. Deem, Quasispecies theory for multiple-peak fitness landscapes, Phys. Rev. E 73, 041913 (2006).
49. D. B. Saakian and C.-K. Hu, Exact solution of the Eigen model with general fitness functions and degradation rates, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 4935 (2006).
50. D. B. Saakian, A new method for the solution of models of biological evolution: Derivation ofexact steady-state distributions, Journal of Stat. Physics,128,781(2007).
51. A. E. Allahverdyan and D. B. Saakian, Thermodynamics of adiabatic feedback control. European Physics Letters, 81,(2008).
52. David B. Saakian, Zara Kirakossyan, Chin-Kun Hu ,Diploid biological evolution models with general smooth fitness landscapes and recombination, Phys.Rev.E,,77,061907 (2008)
53. David B. Saakian,Olga Rozanova,Andrei Akmetzhanov, Exactly solvable dynamics of the Eigen and the Crow-Kimura modesl, Phys.Rev. E 78, 041908(2008).
54. S.B.Saakian,Evolution models with base substitutions,insertions, deletions and selection,Phys.Rev.E,78,061920(2008).
55. David B. Saakian, Christof K. Biebricher, Chin-Kun Hu, Phase diagram for the Eigen quasispecies theory with the truncated fitness landscape, Phys.Rev.E, 79. 041905 (2009).
56. Saakian DB, Phase structure of string theory and the Random Energy Model JOURNAL OF STATISTICAL MECHANICS-THEORY AND EXPERIMENT P07003 (2009).
57. David B. Saakian and Jose F. Fontanari Evolutionary dynamics on rugged fitness landscapes: Exact dynamics and information theoretical aspects Phys. Rev. E 80 041903 (2009).
58. Zh. Avetisyan, D.B. Saakian, "Recombination in one and two dimensional fitness landscapes", Phys. Rev. E 81, 051916 (2010)
59. David B. Saakian, PHYSICAL REVIEW E 81, 061913 (2010) Araks S. Martirosyan and Chin-Kun Hu, Different fitnesses for in vivo and in vitro evolutions due to the finite generation-time effect
60. Zara Kirakosyan, David B. Saakian, and Chin-Kun Hu, PHYSICAL REVIEW E 82, 011904 (2010) Evolution models with lethal mutations on symmetric or random fitness landscapes
61. David B. Saakian1 and Chin-Kun Hu PHYSICAL REVIEW E 82, 011902 (2010) Selection via flatness as a dynamical effect in evolution models with finite population
62. D.B. Saakian, Calculation of string correlation functions on a hierarchic tree, JOURNAL OF STATISTICAL MECHANICS-THEORY AND EXPERIMENT,P03031 2010,
63. D.B. Saakian,A. Martirosyan A., C.K. Hu,Z. Struzik, Exact probability distribution function for multifractal random walk models of stocks, EPL 9, 28007(2011).
64. Z. Kirakosyan, D. Saakian, C.-K. Hu. Finite genome length corrections for the mean fittness and gene probabilities in evolution models. J. of Statistical Physics, 144, 149, 2011.
65. A. Martirosyan, D.B. Saakian, Exact results in the large-system-size limit for the dynamics of the chemical master equation: 1 A one-dimensional system of equation, Phys. Rev. E 84, 021122 (2011).
66. D.B. Saakian, C.Biebricher,C.K. Hu, Lethal Mutants and Truncated Selection Together Solve a Paradox of the Origin of Life, Plose one, 6,e21904 (2011).
67. D.B. Saakian, Directed random walks on hierarchical trees with continuous branching: A renormalization group approach, Phys.Rev.E. 85, 011109 (2012).
68. D.B. Saakian, C.K. Hu, M.W. Deem, Finite population size effects in quasispecies model with single-peak fitness landscape, Euro. Phys. Letters, in press.