press release #5
New Members of the Armenian National Academy of Sciences
At the annual meeting of the National Academy of Sciences held on April 22, 2009, new foreign members were nominated as academy members, among them former head of the YerPhI astrophysics group Prof. Felix Aharonian (Irish advanced studies center and Max Plank Institute, Heidelberg), Prof. Adrian Parsegian (NHI) and Prof. Vahe Petrossian (Stanford University) who have tight connections with YerPhI. We congratulate all the new members of the academy and particularly our friends!
Figure 1. Celebrating Adrian’s election in the CRD office.
From left to right: Dr. Stephen Brown from MIT & Innovate4Growth, visited YerPhI for
interviewing on the ongoing innovation programs, Adrian Parsegian, Ashot Chilingarian.
Stephen carries in his hands one of the books on astrophysics and data analysis
that Adrian donated to the CRD students.
Figure 2. Vahe Petrossian speaking on the particle acceleration mechanisms,
Conference Solar Extreme Events, SEE-2005, Nor Amberd, Armenia
Figure 3. Again in the home institute!
Felix Aharonian near the new erected Artem Alikhanyan’s monument.
last 10 press releases:
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan â€śHaykyanâ€ť award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop â€śLow dimensional physics and gauge principlesâ€ť
- Launching of the detector in Yerevan