press release #48
Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics created in AANL on the basis of the Cosmology group of the Theoretical division will continue the traditional studies of nonlinear problems, chaotic phenomena in cosmology and astrophysics. The observational discoveries of the recent decades on the cosmic microwave background radiation, dark energy, dark matter, large scale structure of the Universe, along with the increasing flow of observational data, pose novel problems both for the processing of the available information, modeling and the theoretical interpretations. The Center directed by Prof. V.G.Gurzadyan includes young researchers, 5 of whom have obtained PhDs during 2007-2011. Dr A.A.Kocharyan, now in Monash University (Australia) is the active collaborator of the studies. Studies of the recent years have been performed in collaboration with researchers of Caltech, Landau Institute (Moscow), Institut d'Astrophysique (Paris), of centers of UK, Italy, Brazil, Switzerland, etc. Among this was the participation in the GRAAL collaboration on obtaining of to date most accurate limit on the light speed isotropy at the European Synchrotron Research Facility (Grenoble). The collaborations is aimed to expand further.
Figure 1. Seminar of the Cosmology and Astrophysics group
last 10 press releases:
- Educational seminars for young scientists of AANL
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan “Haykyan” award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop “Low dimensional physics and gauge principles”