press release #3
Visit of Brazilian Ambassador to YerPhI
March 6, 2009, the ambassador of Brazil, her excellence Renate Still, Vice Consul, Press and Trade Attache of Brazilian Embassy, Mr. Hovsep N. Seferyan visited the Yerevan Physics Institute (YerPhI) to discuss the possibilities of scientific collaboration between YerPhI and Brazilian universities. Brazil is a developing country with fast growing economy and is highly interested in establishing scientific relations with Armenia – a country with rich scientific heritage, still retaining high level of research in physics. Both parties discuss the specific topic in which the scientific collaboration can be realistic, taking into account the large distance between the countries. To sustain the development of the prospective collaboration, Dr. David Sahakyan, a theoretician from YerPhI, will visit the San Carlos University in Brazil in the April-June, 2009 timeframe.
Figure 1 Discussing the prospective scientific collaboration details.
From left around the table: Prof. Ashot Chilingarian, YerPhI director;
Dr. Davit Sahakyan, YerPhI senior scientist;
Dr. Sergei Taroyan, YerPhI deputy director;
Mr. Marsio Lima, attaché of Brazilian consul on culture and trade affairs
Mr. Renate Stille, Brazil’s ambassador to Armenia,
Hovsep N. Seferian, Brazilian Embassy’s Trade and Press Attache. Vice Consul of Brazil in Armenia
last 10 press releases:
- Educational seminars for young scientists of AANL
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan “Haykyan” award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop “Low dimensional physics and gauge principles”