press release #43
ANL scientists participated in the exhibition EXPO Armenia 2011, September 9-11, 2011.
For the first time scientists and engineers of A.AlikhanyanIn national lab (AANL) participated in the exhibition EXPO Armenia 2011. The following products were demonstrated during the exhibition:
- Beam sensors/scanners for the accelerative diagnostics
- High temperature furnace for the temperature up to 1600 0С with mobile bottom on the base of fibrous high temperature ceramics.
- High temperature heat-insulating materials on the base of natural resources of Armenia.
The exhibition attracted many visitors, ranking from amateurs to business managers with task-specific targets: thermo balance for growing crystals, blocks with heaters for more moderate temperatures, dental furnaces, jewelry furnaces, furnaces for the production of studio pottery; as well as furnaces for glass processing.
Other commercial developments of AANL were presented in the form of a booklet, which was also in demand among the visitors of our booth. Namely in the booklet presented were: isotope production for the diagnostic scanners. In AANL technology of production of Tc-99m on the linear electron accelerator was developed. Tc-99m is one of the most important medical isotopes, used to diagnostics of the human diseases, first of all oncological and cardiovascular.
Production of custom-made solar water heating systems:
- Circulating solar water-heating systems;
- High-speed tubular heat-exchangers, with up to 250 kWt capacity
Radiation sterilization: Radiation sterilization of a large scale of medical materials have been performed (gynecological kits and Petri dish of Medias company) modification of heat shrink polymeric tubes of wide range.
AANL also organize commercial production of:
- liquid and gaseous azote and oxygen of high purity (9999)
- Gas mixtures by the technical terms of customer are produced, for instance: mixtures azote, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and helium in different combinations.
Laser micro processing:
Fabrication of the micro details for micro electromagnetic systems and production of different micro-details applied in surgery and technologies based on copper vapor lasers which allow to realize micro cutting and micro drilling of various metal foils etc.
All the three days of the exhibition passed in intensive discussions and proved to be very efficient and fruitful.
Figure 1. Photos of the exhibition EXPO Armenia 2011, ANL pavilion
last 10 press releases:
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan “Haykyan” award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop “Low dimensional physics and gauge principles”
- Launching of the detector in Yerevan