press release #2
Visit of Professor Kapitsa to Yerevan Physics Institute
February 13, 2009, by
invitation of YerPhI director Ashot Chilingarian, Prof. Sergei Kapitsa, the renowned
Russian physicist and educator visited Yerevan Physics Institute. Professor
Kapitsa is well known by his scientific research in area of accelerator
physics, his multiyear lecturing in Moscow Physics –Technical Institute and as presenter of the famous series of TV
programs “Evident, but incredible”. Several generations of students from all
soviet republics were attracted to science by watching his TV-programs.
Kapitsa was invited in Armenia as a guest of honor of the Armenian Branch of the Institute of Eurasian Studies recently opened office in Yerevan. The agenda of his presentations included introduction to Mendeleev’s life, his activities and works. He was also participated in ceremony of delivering 10 stipendiums named after Dmitry Mendeleev to the best Armenian students, established by the foundation Institute of Eurasian Studies.
In YerPhI Kapitsa met with CRD students and introduced them with his new theory on the limits of demographic growth. According to his theory, very well confirmed by recent demographic data, the paradigm of hyperbolic growth in the end of the last century is changed and stabilization of world population will be reached in the middle of the current century.
Figure 1. From left to right: Prof. Sergei Kapitsa, deputy director of Russian edition of Scientific American Alla Mostinskaya
with Prof. Ashot Chilingarian, in his office at the Cosmic Ray Division of YerPhI.
Figure 2. Prof. Sergei Kapitsa, delivering his presentation to the YerPhI staff in the Cosmic Ray Division’s seminar room
Figure 3. Prof. Kapitsa’s chart of the demographic growth (paradigm change)
last 10 press releases:
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan â€śHaykyanâ€ť award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop â€śLow dimensional physics and gauge principlesâ€ť
- Launching of the detector in Yerevan