press release #1
A New Monument to Artem Alikhanian at Yerevan Physics Institute
In a memorable ceremony the new monument to
Arem Alikhanian was unveiled at the main square of the Yerevan Physics
Institute (YerPhI), on February 12, 2009.
Artem Alikhanian is the founder and first director of Yerevan Physics
institute, currently bearing his name.
The 100 year anniversary of the renowned scientist was celebrated last year in a number of events organized by YerPhi. A portion of the sum provided by the Armenian government for the remembrance of this world renowned Armenian scientist was dedicated to the commissioning and erection of this new monument. Alikhanian’s new monument by sculptor Gevorg Gevorgyan, depicts the character and magnitude of this giant of international science.
Figure 1. Artem Alikhanian monument in the main square at Yerevan Physics Institute
Figure 2. YerPhi director Prof. Ashot Chilingarian delivering the opening speech at the Alikhanyan monument unveiling ceremony.
From left to right in the front row: deputy economy minister Mushegh A. Tumasyan;
Economy minister Nerses Eritsyan; Chairman of the State Science Committee Samvel Harutyunyan,
YerPhI emeritus employee Levon Bagdasaryan, YerPhI director Ashot Chilingarian
Figure 3 Some of the Yerevan Physics Institute staff at the opening ceremony
last 10 press releases:
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan â€śHaykyanâ€ť award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop â€śLow dimensional physics and gauge principlesâ€ť
- Launching of the detector in Yerevan