press release #25
Visit of the Delegation of Yerevan Physics Institute (YerPhI) to Heidelberg Ion-Beam Therapy Centre
On April 12, 2010 the YerPhI delegation (Ashot Chilingarian, Valery Nikogossyan) visited Heidelberg Ion-Beam Therapy Centre (HIT). Armenian physicists were introduced with the world largest facility for the ion beam therapy and discussed with HIT research director Thomas Haberer the possibilities of collaboration of two institutions and HIT-supported design studies of the new accelerator center of YerPhI. Professor Haberer will visit YerPhI in November 2010.
Figure 1. HIT engineer demonstrates the HIT facility (linear ion injector + ion synchrotron). From Left to right Dr. Rainer Cee, Valery Nikogosyan, and Anna Nikogosyan)
Figure 2. The Gantry of HIT, 600 ton huge cradle for patients, precisely positioned for radiation treatment.
last 10 press releases:
- Educational seminars for young scientists of AANL
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan “Haykyan” award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop “Low dimensional physics and gauge principles”