press release #20
Visit of YerPhI delegation to Zagreb and Athens
On September 4-18 the YerPhI delegation (Chilingarian A., Mailyan B., Hovhannisyan A.) participated in the International conference on the Heliophysical Phenomena and Earth Environment in Shibenik, Croatia. The regional meeting of Balkanian-Black and Caspian sea was held for the third time within the framework of the International Heliophysical Year, now turned to International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI) supported by NASA and Outer Space Office of the UN in Vienna. The program of scientific instruments network in which YErPhI actively participates, deploying SEVAN particle detectors in Croatia and Bulgaria, got bust in the new initiative to start officially in 2010.
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan, minister of Economy Nerses Yeritsyan and minister of Forign Affairs Edward Nalbandian visited Croatia on September 8, met with Croatian and Armenian physicists in Zagreb observatory and congradulated them with the successful collaboration and launching of SEVAN node in Croatia.
Figure 1. Director of the Zagreb observatory Dragan Rosa, President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan and Director of Yerevan Physics Institute Ashot Chilingarian at Zagreb Observatory, Croatia, September 8, 2009
Figure 2.Daria Marichich and Bagrat Mailyan near Croatian SEVAN at the Zagreb observatory
Figure 3. Armen Hovhannisyan making report on filtering algorithms
On September 14 at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens started a training course “Cosmic rays and neutron monitors”, organized by the NMDB consortium (FP7 programme). Armenian PhD students actively participated in the school and presented two reports. A.Chilingarian delivered a lecture on the particle detectors for the space weather and solar physics research.
Figure 4. Armenian PhD students at Athen’s Cosmic Ray school poster session
last 10 press releases:
- Educational seminars for young scientists of AANL
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan â€śHaykyanâ€ť award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop â€śLow dimensional physics and gauge principlesâ€ť