press release #12
The “Accelerators probing the fundamental physics”, GRAAL Collaboration workshop was held June 1-3, 2009 at the Yerevan Physics Institute and the Nor Amberd International Conference Center.
The objectives of the workshop were the accelerator experiments involving high precision measurements to probe the Lorentz invariance, the isotropy of the speed of light and related basic concepts. The results obtained at the GRAAL facility at European Synchrotron Research Facility in Grenoble on the Compton edge were particularly discussed. A special session was devoted to the future prospects, including those based on a timing technique developed in the Yerevan Physics Institute.
Figure 1.Prof. Gurzadyan opening the GRAAL workshop
Figure 2.Dr. A. Chilingaryan, Prof. V. Gurzadyan and B. Mailyan
Figure 3.A.Margaryan reporting on a new pricise method of measurement of the speed of light
Figure 4.A.Chilingarian reporting on the evidence of the new mechanism of lightening from the Aragats particle detectors
last 10 press releases:
- Educational seminars for young scientists of AANL
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan â€śHaykyanâ€ť award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop â€śLow dimensional physics and gauge principlesâ€ť