press release #8
Alikhanyan prize for the best presentation at the Nor Amberd conference was presented to Bagrat Mailyan
The Alikhanyan prize established for the young scientist having delivered the best presentation at the FORGES-2008 conference hold in Nor Amberd was awarded to Bagrat Mailyan on May 5 for his paper entitled:
“Daily variation in intensity of different species of secondary cosmic rays as measured by the particle detectors of Aragats Space Environmental Center at minimum of solar activity”.
The paper was recognized as the best one via e-mail voting of the conference international board.
However, the papers of the other two candidates were also highly valuated:
Armen Hovhanissyan, “Filtering Algorithms for smoothing Time Series measured by particle detectors at ASEC”.
Tigran Karapetyan, “Barometric coefficients of the particle detectors of the Aragats Space Environmental Center (ASEC) as measured at the beginning of the 24th Solar activity cycle”.
All the papers will be published in July 2008 in the Proceedings of the FORGES-2008 conference.
Figure 1. Ashot Chilingarian, Anna Alaverdyan, Armen Hovhannisyan and Bagrat Mailyan
last 10 press releases:
- Armenia become member of SCOSTEP!
- A.Alikhanyan national lab purchase high purity germanium gamma-detector for nuclear physics research and isotope production
- KHEBR laser technological complex, which is unique with its power is launched in AANL
- Ground Breaking ceremony of Nuclear Medecine Center, October 30, 2012
- Visit in Dubna, 3-4 May 2012
- National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan young scientist Artyom Hovhanisyan “Haykyan” award-winner.
- The prime minister visited the National Scientific laboratory after A. I.Alikhanyan
- Center for Cosmology and Astrophysics is established in A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory (AANL)
- The workshop “Low dimensional physics and gauge principles”
- Launching of the detector in Yerevan