The Yerevan Physics Institute (YerPhi) was founded in 1944 as a branch of Yerevan State University by brothers Abraham Alikhanov and ArtemAlikhanian. Later two high-altitude Cosmic Ray Stations were erected on Mount Aragats (3,200 m) and Nor Amberd (2,000 m) leading pioneering cosmic ray research. The construction of a 6GeV electron synchrotron accomplished in 1967 became an important landmark in the history of institute. After collapse of Soviet Union YerPhI continued research in the fields of high-energy physics and astrophysics in Armenia and worldwide on world biggest accelerators and cosmic ray detectors. Now YerPhI get status of A.Alikhanyan National Laboratory.
Our mission is to perform world-class